Coconut oil has a multitude of health benefits, which include, but are not limited to skin care, hair care, improving digestion and immunity against a host of infections and diseases. The oil is extensively used since centuries in the southern belt of India and also in some Asian countries. People in other places are discovering the wonders this oil can create and it is again gaining popularity throughout the world.\
- Use your fingers to gently massage the oil into the ends of your hair, then – starting from the ends and working your way toward the roots – gently work out tangles with a comb or hair pick. Let the oil soak in, then brush and style as usual. No need to rinse or shampoo. Coconut oil will continue to nourish your hair all day long!
- To fight dandruff, Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight.
- Makeup remover: For eye makeup, coat and cover lashes and eyelids with coconut oil and gently massage for a few seconds to loosen makeup, or apply and wipe with a cotton pad. Wash off in warm water and repeat steps for skin.
- Moisturizer: Emulsify oil between palms until warm and melted and apply to skin as-is, or melt down and add to your favorite lotions and creams before applying.
- Shaving: apply enough oil to coat skin and shave as usual.